BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Unfortunately I missed the $24.99 intro price (even though I am an existing Mac and iOS user.

Any chance this deal comes back alive for Black Friday or cyber Monday, I’m sure there’s more than a few folks on the fence that would make the final push if encouraged with a holiday special :-)

November 21, 2016 at 12:13 AM #20429

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

If you’re already an existing Tap Forms customer you can get a 50% discount already.

In my FAQ I describe how you can get the 50% discount already if you purchased from the Mac App Store:

Q: Can I still get the upgrade price if I’ve purchased from the Mac App Store?
    A: Yes. But you will have to get the 3.5.19 direct download version first (https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/498110). Then you’ll need to launch that version. Please note the app name will be “Tap Forms Mac 5” for the direct download version. You should see a notice telling you that you are eligible for a free copy of the direct download 3.5.19 version since you already purchased it from the Mac App Store. Just put your email address in and “buy” the app. The price should say $0.00 at that point. Once you’ve done that you can download and install version 5 (https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/503174) and you’ll be offered the 50% off discounted price. There should be a message telling you that you’re getting a discount since you’re a previous customer.

And for the iOS version you can use the “Complete My Bundle” function here:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app-bundle/tap-forms-5-upgrade-bundle/id1140801867?mt=8

I’m not having a Black Friday sale this year. Sorry. But you don’t need it as an existing customer.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM #20433

Frank Tikket
    Participant

IF I do this, will my Mac be able to see that I have this purchased copy of Tap Forms 5 from the direct download and let me then download it directly from the app store.

Im asking because I prefer to do all my downloads/updates from the app store that way they are all tied into my app store account.

November 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM #20434

Frank Tikket
    Participant

For example, I had some software i previously purchased direct and the app store was able to see that and tell me “you can now download this software from the app store since you already own a copy”

what that did again was let me migrate all my purchases to my iCloud account and provide me with a unified software update experience as well as centralized account purchase history. (i am saying this after I follow your steps and do the direct download.)

thanks

November 21, 2016 at 3:15 PM #20436

Brendan
    Keymaster

The discount is only available via the direct download version, not via the Mac App Store version.

When I release new updates you will automatically receive an update notice when you launch Tap Forms 5. So the update mechanism is built-in. There’s no function to provide you with a free Mac App Store license when you buy the direct download version. But there is the other way around. That is, if you bought from the Mac App Store you can transition to the direct download version for free.

November 21, 2016 at 3:20 PM #20438

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Is there any differences in the MAS version vs the direct download (other than how recent it is)?

I’m asking because I know the MAS runs sandboxed, which in theory should be more secure as opposed to more potentially feature rich non-MAS versions.

Also updates from the MAS could be older but more vetted, whereas direct updates from the developer server could be compromised by a third actor…

Any thoughts?

November 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM #20439

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The direct download version is also sandboxed. So there’s no difference with that.

I also sign both the application and the disk image the direct download version is distributed within using my Apple Developer ID. So if there was any tampering going on with the distribution of Tap Forms I think the operating system would let you know about that.

November 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM #20440

Frank Tikket
    Participant

You are AWESOME sir! Thanks for everything over the years!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.