Bi-directional local sync not working on duplicated records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Bi-directional local sync not working on duplicated records

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Robert Marko
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’m trying to sync duplicate records (changed to new records) i’ve made on my iPhone database back to database on mac.

It’s not instantiating at any level whilst I have all green lights ready for local sync! (File > Sync Now)

from memory it used to work, now it doesn’t. No failure warning, no sync feedback or errors are shown.

using latest builds; macOS 5.0.4 b1545, ios 5.0.2 b531

Regards,
    Robert.

August 21, 2016 at 10:10 PM #18942

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll investigate, but I don’t see why duplicating a record would make a difference, but who knows.

If after you duplicate a record and then make a slight change to it, does it then sync or is it just the initial duplication that doesn’t sync?

August 21, 2016 at 10:22 PM #18944

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try closing the document for about 20 seconds on each device and then open it up again.

I just had to do that after my iPhone went to sleep. But then it synced just fine, even records I duplicated.

August 22, 2016 at 5:34 AM #18957

Robert Marko
    Participant

OK it works as usual after coming back to it.

I would’ve thought local sync would be instantaneous, is this not the case?

August 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM #18969

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s a few seconds delay, but I have seen that if your device goes to sleep, the listener stops listening and it starts again when you close and re-open the document. I need to contact Couchbase about that to see why that happens. It could be my code too.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.