Beta Testers Wanted

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey there,

I could use a few more beta testers for the next update to Tap Forms Mac and iOS. If anyone is interested, please email me your Mac’s hardware UUID and email address you would like me to use for TestFlight (Apple’s beta testing system). I’m just looking for bug reports, crash reports, and any usability issues you find with the new release.

* Bento-like spreadsheet view for the records list view. You can select individual cells and edit them as you would in a spreadsheet program.
    * Copy the contents of the values to the clipboard so you can paste into Excel or Numbers in a tab delimited format.
    * “Email Selected Addresses…” command to address a new email to multiple selected recipients.
    * Accessory views in the records list view for editing notes, dates, and for QuickLook of photo fields.
    * Dropbox or iCloud sync (requires iOS beta version too)
    * Multi-currency support
    * Variable substitution in Website fields. That is, you can inject the value of another field into a website field.
    * Ability to control the tab order of fields in your custom layouts. Just arrange the fields in the Layers tab up or down to control the tab order. From top to bottom in the layers list is how the tab ordering will go.
    * Background colour can be set on a custom layout.
    * Mac version can sync on a schedule.
    * You can now set a colour to represent a Pick List value. Plus you can set the “Record Colour Field” on your form. When you do this, Tap Forms will place a coloured vertical line indicator next to the record in the records list view to give you another way of organizing your data. For example, if you had a todo list, you could have red for high priority, yellow for normal priority and green for low priority.

So let me know if you’re interested by sending me an email and I’ll email you the link to download the beta version.

Attached is a screenshot of the Mac beta.

Thanks!

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 13, 2015 at 1:29 AM #13360

neal leggett
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Really interested in the new e-mail functionality. As this was a feature of Bento I really liked and I think asked you a while back if it can be included. I’d like to Beta test it if possible. Have not done this before. my e-mail is neal.leggett@ntlworld.com and mac ref is 4A56AC57-621C-5205-82E8-41C081956611

Neal

April 13, 2015 at 2:10 AM #13361

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Neal,

I sent you the info for beta testing.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 13, 2015 at 4:51 AM #13364

neal leggett
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Thanks

Please clarify .. I assume I post replies issues here ..

I sent an e-mail to support. Copied it here just in case.

So far though I cannot use the s/w after a couple of clicks it hangs and I can’t do anything. I shut down open again and same thing

Neal

————————————–e-mail——————————

downloaded and installed the profile file
    downloaded and installed the Beta

A couple of questions.

It linked to my current databases I use from TapForms.
    Will there be any issues manipulating this data in the Beta?

When I launched I managed to click on a window then it hung. It is still responding. i.e. Force quit does not show it not responding but I cannot do anything anymore. i.e. cannot click anywhere else within the main window view. I can only drag the window around the screen. I have access to functions in main top menu but they are not all functioning correctly. In some cases I can’t close them. I can quit OK.

Relaunched ..

A few clicks and it hangs but have access to top main menu still .. as above.

In sub menu .. Form list icon doesn’t work, lock app .. works cloud sync works, views .. nothing , layout .. nothing advanced search ok (you can type but doesn’t work), can’t click in search field.

Can still exit

No Crash report..

April 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM #13371

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Neal,

Just direct emails to me is fine.

I’m still not sure why this is happening to you. No one else has reported this issue so far.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM #13391

Leif Hansen
    Participant

Though I’m new, I was a pro Bento user and have gotten the gist of TF in the last day. I’ve had a few issues (sent emails), but would love to test the BETA as long as it won’t mess up current data :)
    Here’s my UUID: 0AC87687-F5BE-5F44-99E0-1A1BB06B0EDA

Cheers,
    Leif

May 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM #13557

Marjonneke Grech
    Participant

Hi there. I’d be interested in testing the beta Mac version if you still need more feedback.
    – Marjonneke
    m@eeet.ca

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.