Bento template import failed

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Graham Foxcroft
    Participant

I have just started using Tap Forms.
    I have managed to import one Bento template, but others have failed.
    What can I do about this?

August 18, 2018 at 10:46 AM #30286

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,

I’ve seen the occasional one fail due to some invalid characters within the Template.xml file. So you could either look inside there and find the invalid characters and remove them, or you can email me your .bentoTemplate files and I’ll give it a go here and fix any problems I find with them.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM #30287

Graham Foxcroft
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

Can you tell me which characters are invalid? The problem is odd because the largest template imported successfully, and it seems a bit unlikely that this didn’t contain invalid characters, whereas teh templates I’ve had trouble with do.

August 18, 2018 at 6:29 PM #30291

Brendan
    Keymaster

I usually just open the embedded Template.xml file in BBEdit and look for upside down red question mark characters. Those are the invalid ones. Then I delete them. Then try the import again.

August 19, 2018 at 3:45 AM #30296

Graham Foxcroft
    Participant

Hi Brenda – sorry, I don’t know who to do this. I’ve installed BBEdit but it won’t open the Bento template. How do I access the embedded Template.xml file you mention?

August 19, 2018 at 10:36 AM #30297

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,

Right-click on the .bentoTemplate file and select “Show Package Contents”.

Navigate into the folder hierarchy and find the Template.xml file.

Tap Forms also usually tells you which line number the error was on. It’s a helpful hint at where in the file the problem lies.

You can still email me the .bentoTemplate file and I’ll look into it for you.

Or if you want to just email me the Template.xml file and a screenshot of the Tap Forms error, then I may be able to figure it out. Although I wouldn’t be able to test the import to see if I fixed it without the full .bentoTemplate file.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 19, 2018 at 11:22 AM #30298

Graham Foxcroft
    Participant

Hi Brendan – should I send to the noreply@ email address?
    Thanks
    Graham

August 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM #30300

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, send to support@tapforms.com

There’s also an “Email Tap Forms Support” option in the Help menu to make it easier for you to contact me directly.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.