Bento Collections in TapForms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Linda Quinn
    Participant

Using both TapForms for Mac, 2.0, and the iPad and I imported a library from Bento that included several collections. The collections transferred to the Mac Version, but not on the iPad. Any suggestions.

January 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM #8696

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

What Bento calls Collections are Saved Searches in Tap Forms. However, I don’t actually import the collections into Tap Forms from the Bento library. That’s because we use different internal formats for the search rules.

So I’m not sure what it is you’re referring to.

Would you be able to send a screenshot of the Mac version and a screenshot of the iPad version to tell me what you’re missing from the Mac version on the iPad version?

I’m assuming to move your data from your Mac to your iPad you’ve enabled iCloud sync on both machines and clicked the upload to iCloud button on your Mac?

Thanks,

Brendan

January 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM #8726

Linda Quinn
    Participant

Brendon – First, I think I confused Bento Collections with Bento Forms, which changes my question.

I imported a Bento Library — Travel RV — into TapForms. The library has three forms (which I gather are layouts in TapForms), and fifteen collections (see attached file 1-Bento to see Bento on the Mac), and from what you are saying, the collections are not imported & I have to recreate them as searches.

In the Mac version of the TapForms the three forms/layouts are imported as they appear in Bento (see attached files 3. However, when I send the file to the iPad with iCloud, the only layout is default (see attached file 6-Bento-iPad for Bento version on the iPad, and file 7-iPad for what TapForms version).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM #8731

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the clarification.

I haven’t yet written support for custom layouts for the iPad version. So that’s why they’re not appearing over there.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.