Basic Percentage Calculation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Ian Longley
    Participant

I have set up a new form which includes some key economic profile data.

For basic employment statistics (e.g. Percentage of Population Employed = Employed / Population, with the Number Format > Percent Style) the calculation works just fine.

However, when I do the same calculation using $ amounts (e.g. Percentage Residential Approvals = $ Residential Approvals / $ Building Approvals) with the Number Format > Percent Style no result is returned.

I have tried rewriting the formula with and without [the formula] but this does not seem to matter. I have also tried exiting and restarting Tap Forms but nothing changes. Finally, I have noted that on the Number Format screen that the Percent Style is not actually a percent. However this did not affect the first calculation so I expect that this is not the problem.

I’m using TapForms Version 5.1.2 (689) on iOS 10.3.2.

Ian Longley

June 8, 2017 at 2:48 AM #23474

Brendan
    Keymaster

The Percent Number Format will format a value between 0 and 1 as a percentage. So if the value is 0.5, then Tap Forms will display 50%. If the value is 0.75, then the percent displayed will be 75%.

June 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM #23482

Ian Longley
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response Brendan. The issue seems to be in how TapForms displays the result when working with $ formatted amounts as opposed to straight numbers. I will email you the file – it only has 3 records. The problem calculations are towards the bottom of the Customize list.

Regards

Ian

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.