Barcode or QR code for selecting from pick list

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Barcode or QR code for selecting from pick list

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

digitaltara
    Participant

I have a pick list with approximately 60 items in it. I was thinking that if I had a sheet with a barcode or QR code for each option, I could use that to select the option(s) I wanted checked in the pick list. Is this something that can be done and I just missed it, or something that could potentially be implemented in a future update?

I don’t know even about the underlying code to know if this is a realistic option or not :)

On that same note, if I decided to just use a text field instead of a pick list, is there a way to convert it later on if I wanted to switch from one to the other?

Thanks!

May 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM #6190

digitaltara
    Participant

Turns out this is already built in! In case anyone else was wondering, by choosing the field name, you get the same options for using the camera (on iOS) as you do for any other text field. By scanning a QR code that contains the same text as a choice in the pick list, it will be selected.

And as a side note, this site is great for creating such text-containing QR codes:

http://www.qrstuff.com?aid=14732

(full disclosure: that is my affiliate link for the site)

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.