Bar code reader help

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

shill
    Participant

I use a bluetooth barcode reader to input values into the fields. This worked great on Tap Forms LT, but when I purchased Tap Form HD for iPad, it does not allow me to use the bar code reader. I’ve tried setting the field to text and numbers and it acts like it adds it for just a second, but then disappears and the popup keyboard appears.

Any solution? This is the reason I purchased to begin with.

January 24, 2011 at 8:28 PM #4364

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Shill,

Hmm… I’ve never used a bluetooth barcode reader on the iPad. Does it just type into a normal keyboard? Do you have to tap into the field, wait for the keyboard to appear, and then scan the code? I’ll check the code to see if it’s resetting the field value when the keyboard appears. But I don’t think I’m doing anything like that.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 24, 2011 at 8:41 PM #4365

shill
    Participant

When the BT scanner is connected, and you select the field, the keyboard does not appear. Once you scan, the value is entered for just a moment, then disappears. The BT scanner is acting like a keyboard (or at least it is supposed to). Like I said, it works fine on the iPad with the Tap Forms LT, but of course that is a little different as the keyboard and entry screens are a little different.

In other apps I have tried it in, it works fine. I’m going to try and use a BT KB with it and see if it does the same thing.

I’ll let you know.

January 24, 2011 at 8:47 PM #4366

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Shill,

I have never tried Tap Forms HD with an external keyboard. I think it’s about time I get one so I can see if there are any problems with it.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.