Backup on Quit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

b d
    Participant

Hi

When I check the Backup on Quit checkbox in the Preferences, the backup is not created in the specified folder.
    To create a backup, I need to click the Backup button in the bottom right corner.

macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
    Tap Forms 5 5.3.18

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/backup-restore

Backup on Quit
    A handy way of letting Tap Forms backup for you is when you’re quitting the app. If you leave a document opened and then quit Tap Forms, the Backup on Quit function will be triggered, creating a backup file in the chosen Backups Folder location. To configure the Backup on Quit function, go to the Preferences window and click on General if it’s not already selected. There you can enable the Backup on Quit function set how many backups you’d like to keep, and specify a folder where Tap Forms will save your backup files. It would be a good idea to set that to something such as an iCloud Drive or Dropbox folder. That way when Tap Forms backs up, the backups will then be stored in your selected cloud storage location.

May 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM #44412

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that when you quit Tap Forms, you leave the windows open. And also check the System Preferences app for the setting “Close windows when quitting apps” on the General panel. Make sure that’s turned off.

You can also use the Backup command in the File menu to make a backup file.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM #44417

b d
    Participant

I tried to follow the instructions, but it didn’t work. I’ll try another way to backup.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.