Backup Ceases Once Max Is Reached

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

In Preferences, there are a couple of options related to automatic backups and I think they are not working quite right right now. TF (5.0.10) used to take a moment to backup up the current document every time I quit the program but it no longer does that.

I had the “Keep Latest ___ backups” option set to 30 and when I checked the backups folder, I saw 30 files there. Yet the latest changes had not been saved! It seems that the program is checking for a TOTAL of (in my case) 30 backups and then, if it finds that number, it decides not to backup when it quits.

Increasing the number of backups-to-be-saved has restarted the backup-on-exit routine for now but I have a hunch that — once I reach the new total — it will stop backing up again.

I know that I can go in an manually clear out the backups folder but I don’t think users should be expected to do that. The way I imagine this function should work is for TF to keep only the XX latest backups, deleting the oldest ones as necessary.

March 24, 2017 at 12:30 PM #21683

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tyson,

Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to work. I’ll look into it and fix it. I know I have code in there to remove the oldest backup, but clearly it sounds like that’s not working right at the moment.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.