Backup and Restore

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

jmccrack
    Participant

Help!! I followed your instructions to backup my database. It showed nothing was backedup. So I restored and lost everything including all forms on my iphone. I had to delet TapFrom and reinstall to get the forms back, then put all my data back in. What did I do wrong on the backup part?

April 28, 2010 at 3:12 PM #4068

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… That’s odd. It literally said 0 files were backed up? I’m assuming you used SyncDocs?

In your SyncDocs folder, did you see the Tap Forms backup at all?

Brendan

April 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM #4069

jmccrack
    Participant

Yes I did use SyncDocs. I just tried it again and it did backup to my explorer into a file caled Tapforms. Do I now drag that file into SyncDoc? How to I know what is in that file? How do I restore back to my Tapform?

April 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM #4071

Brendan
    Keymaster

The main database file is called TapForms_db.sqlite. That’s the file that contains all your records.

You don’t really interact with that file as it’s an SQLite3 database file.

You really only need to leave the files where they are and then just use Tap Forms to do a restore. You don’t need to interact with SyncDocs other than to have it up and running. On the Backup and Restore tab, you simply select the SyncDocs server from the top list, then the bottom list will display all your backups listed from newest at the top to oldest at the bottom. You tap the one you’d like to restore to and then the Restore button will light up. Tapping it will restore that particular backup.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM #4072

jmccrack
    Participant

Great help!!! Thanks a lot, works like a charm.

April 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM #4073

jmccrack
    Participant

Its me again. I went to Export typed in the ip address and it sent me to a yahoo site. Any thoughts?

April 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM #4074

Brendan
    Keymaster

Remember to put the http:// in front of the IP address in your browser.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.