Backup and Restore Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

jniddy
    Participant

I recently tried to backup my tapforms but when I tried to restore my ipad using this backup it did not work. I also tried this in the mac version and it also failed. Further, when I tried to extract the zipfile it also failed. The error comment was unable to expand (error 1 – operation not permitted).

In the tapforms backup/restore tab, the backup shows up with a very weird file size. The file size is listed as “17179869184.0 GB”. When I looked in Itunes it shows up as 2.04 GB. My assumption is that the problems is tapforms does not like a backup file size bigger than 2GB’s. Can it handle this size? I have tried this on two different ipads, one running ios 7 and the other ios8.

I did manage to copy the database from my ipad to my mac, but I had to drag the sqlite file into the mac directory. I then dragged the pictures in the mac container file. It worked but this is a bit of a work around.

The sqlite file is 137.5 MB.

I would appreciate some help solving this new bug.

November 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM #11887

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is the integrity of the backup zip file ok if you use the Mac version to generate the backup file? What kind of iPads are you using? It may be an issue with being over 2 GB. The biggest backup file I’ve made was 1.4 GB so I’ll do some tests with something larger.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM #11898

jniddy
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes, integrity of mac backup zip file is okay. Seems it is a problem with the ipad version.

November 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM #11900

Brendan
    Keymaster

Which iPad do you have? It may be an issue with not having a 64 bit CPU in your iPad if you have an older one. I’m not sure when Apple switched to 64 bits.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM #11902

jniddy
    Participant

Same result on two ipads, one being the ipad 3 and the other being ipad mini 1. Both of these use 32 bit architecture. They switched to 64bit with the A7 chip. Do you really think this is the problem?

August 10, 2015 at 11:26 PM #14423

Asbukke Ni
    Participant

If you ever backuped your iPad data to iTunes and iCloud completely .In fact, the data will on exist in iTunes and iCloud backup. You can try available Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor tools to extract backup data.

September 21, 2015 at 12:16 AM #14664

Xkoiul ed
    Participant

Try iphone backup extractor, and if you directly restore from iTunes, it will cover your new data, take care of it.

September 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM #14669

Brendan
    Keymaster

I personally prefer and recommend iExplorer: http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer for digging into backups.

November 22, 2015 at 11:09 PM #15293

Asbukke Ni
    Participant

Normally, when you lose some data from iPad. And you did not created any backup in iTunes or iCloud . At this moment, you need to Coolmuster iOSRescuer help recover iPad data directly.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.