Auto Open

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

ck2_nd
    Participant

Just downloaded Tap Forms for the Ipad, and am trying to create a Church Registration form and database.

A couple of questions, most of them have to do with auto opening of stuff and navigation of forms:

1) Is is possible that when a form is opened it defaults to a new record?
    2) Is it possible that when you advance to a field with a Pick list that it auto opens that pick list?
    3) Is possible that when you click on a linked form it defaults to a new record?
    4) When a linked for is completed is it possible to default back to the parent form?

I read through the quick start guide and all 46 pages ofhte forum and didn’t see the answers.

One question that I did see answered in the negative but I am going to ask anyway, if I have a Family last name is there any way to default that name to the individual members of the family in the individuals linked form? (my guess is the answer is still no.

March 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM #6024

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ck2_nd,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take these as feature requests as pretty much the answer to all of them is no since I haven’t implemented any auto-open things. Although in the Mac version right after you create a new form it auto-inserts a new record for you after you’ve saved. At least in version 1.5 (being reviewed by Apple right now) it does.

The only way you can setup defaults is for something like a regular Text field and enter in a default value. There’s no default picking specific records from a linked form.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.