auto fill based on another field

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Vaughan
    Participant

hi

i am trying to create a form to record puppy growth weights with the following fields

• Puppy (from pick list)
    • date (set as current date)
    • time (set as current time)
    • Weight (input)
    • % growth against birth weight (calculation)
    • birth weight (this is the one I  want to auto fill based on puppy name and can’t work out how to do it. I tried if(X;Y;Z) but could not get it to work.  Is this the correct solution or is there a better way to do it )

any advice would be greatly appreciated

IOS 17.1.2

tapforms 5.3.32 (1099)

December 7, 2023 at 7:55 PM #50220

Daniel Leu
    Participant

I would create a second form: puppy_birth with the fields puppy name and birth weight. Maybe birthdate might be of interest as well.

Then you can create a picklist using the data from this puppy_birth form’s puppy name field. The two forms would be linked using a joined relationship using puppy name as the common field.

Using a calculation field, you can now easily retrieve the weight by referencing to the value in the puppy_birth form. Additionally, when you add a new puppy, your picklist is automatically updated too! Obviously, the puppy name field must be unique.

Just an idea. Hope this helps!

December 8, 2023 at 1:13 AM #50221

Brendan
    Keymaster

Note that the IF(X; Y; Z) requires that the X parameter be numeric, not text.

If you want to compare text, then use the IFEQUAL(A; B; C; D) function. That says If A = B, then return C, otherwise return D.

December 8, 2023 at 7:12 AM #50222

Vaughan
    Participant

Thanks both I will give them a try

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.