Auto-Complete Not Working On Saved Searches

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Auto-Complete Not Working On Saved Searches

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

prov0356
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I’ve noticed that the Auto-Complete feature seems not to work when the record list is filtered by a Saved Search. Take a look at the screenshots below. In the first, you can see that in the Forms List, I am on the Orders form and the auto-complete dropdown appears in the Default Layout for the Customer Id field. In the second screenshot, when I am on the Orders > 10 saved search, the auto-complete list does not appear.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 4, 2018 at 11:56 PM #27643

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Prov,

Thanks for the bug report.

All fixed now. Next update.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 5, 2018 at 8:22 AM #27657

prov0356
    Participant

Brendan, thank you for the lightning fast responses and fixes.

March 22, 2018 at 6:00 PM #27929

Greg Lamont
    Participant

The Auto complete works on my first column (name) but not on the others, I checked the Auto-Complete box in the form layout and it is checked for all the columns.

Is there other item that I have to do ?

Thanks,

Greg

March 22, 2018 at 6:22 PM #27931

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, nothing more.

I just tested it with 2 different Text fields having it set and it worked for both.

Do you have a Pick List assigned to your other fields perhaps?

March 22, 2018 at 11:22 PM #27935

Greg Lamont
    Participant

What is a Pick List ?
    I used Bento and made the transfer over about 2 months ago, everything went smooth.
    The only issue I have is the auto fill.

I am 75 and I just do basic computer stuff BUT I can follow directions fairly well, LLOL
    Greg

March 23, 2018 at 12:08 AM #27936

Brendan
    Keymaster

In Bento they were called Choice Fields.

If you imported from Bento, then Tap Forms would have converted the Choice Fields to be Text Fields with an attached Pick List.

On the multi-column list view, do you see a popup button you can click on to see a list of values? If so, then you have a Pick List assigned to those fields.

You’ll have to set the Pick List property on the field itself to be Unspecified in order to remove that. Then the auto-complete should work.

March 23, 2018 at 12:16 AM #27937

Greg Lamont
    Participant

I cannot see or find any pop up button, nothing happens when I click or right click (Mac 2 fingers) on the column header other then to ascend or descend.
    There is a small round yellow button but I cannot get it to show or do anything.

My apologies for being a pain,

March 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM #27949

Brendan
    Keymaster

The small round yellow button is the drag to fill feature. If you drag that down, Tap Forms will copy the value in the selected cell to your other cells.

Pick Lists are assigned to a field on the Field Properties inspector panel on the right. It’s the same place you would have enabled the “Use Auto-Complete” option. Or perhaps you didn’t turn that on for the fields you wanted it turned on for? Maybe that’s the case?

March 23, 2018 at 3:35 PM #27959

Greg Lamont
    Participant

I found the pick list and all the columns are listed as unspecified.
    The Type are all “Text”

I give up, no big deal, typing a few extra letters is not the end of the world.
    I may have not transferred over properly or just cannot figure it out, too old, LLOL

Thanks for trying,

Greg

March 23, 2018 at 4:01 PM #27960

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

If you would like to email me a backup of your database document, I can investigate this further for you. I’d like you to be able to use the feature and if it’s a bug, I’d like to fix it.

Send it to support@tapforms.com if you can.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 23, 2018 at 4:12 PM #27961

Greg Lamont
    Participant

I just sent the zip version of 8 MB
    The regular version showed 48 mb

March 23, 2018 at 5:24 PM #27962

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the file Greg.

It turns out the fields didn’t have the Use Auto-Complete setting turned on except for the first field.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.