Audio?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

bigcaat
    Participant

Hi

I’ve been using Bento for years. I just downloaded TapForms demo and imported a few files. Everything seems to be there (mixed up, but there) EXCEPT the audio. I record my sessions with my clients and keep the mp3 files in their database record. Is importing audio from Bento not possible?

I then tried to just import directly from my computer and it seems that you can only record audio straight. Is that right? Is it not possible to import mp3 into the record? I find that hard to believe. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Caat

September 20, 2014 at 2:48 AM #10859

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Caat,

You can use a File Attachment field to link an mp3 file to your records.

I haven’t written anything into Bento to import audio files specifically. But if your mp3 files are just file attachments in Bento, then they should import into Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM #10863

bigcaat
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. Yes, I just uploaded a file, and that works nicely. I have hundreds of files, though. So, if I rename my audio field in Bento to “file attachment” would that work to import the file, do you think?

September 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM #10864

bigcaat
    Participant

Oh, I just re-read your post. So when I changed the ‘audio’ field from bento from a media (which is recognized as photo in TFs) to a ‘file attachment’ field, it shows a file has been imported, but there is no way to open it.

It’s a nice program. I’m not sure it’s a deal breaker for me, but it will sure take a lot of work to reimport all the audio for each file.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.