Audio import files

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Eddy
    Participant

Dear Brendan, hi folks!

Maybe I am really stupid, but I can not manage this, nether I can find anything about this this via the forum-search:

Still so happy with tapforms running our motorbike tour business, I’m just going to program a language trainer with tapforms. Therefore I need a “sound-field”, that is easily playing the “word-spoken-file” for every word. But I find no way to import m4a, mp3 or whatever audio-files. Of course, I could use the “file-attachement-field”. But this is very uncomfortable, because the user has to open every file and then to click it again. I would like to have the functionality, that the user is simply clicking the button of the audio field and can hear the word from the file.

So, how can I manage this?

Thanks in advance. Stay healthy!

Eddy

January 25, 2021 at 1:50 AM #43285

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Eddy,

I haven’t implemented this function I’m afraid. What I probably should do is support the playing of audio files directly in Tap Forms from the File Attachment field. Perhaps in a future update.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 25, 2021 at 6:03 AM #43289

Eddy
    Participant

Dear Brendan!

Again so pleased, I say THANK YOU for your prompt answer.

Indeed it would be great to have the option to play audio-Files directly out of Tapform.

And, if possible, it would be great, to make an audio-recording not only with the iPhone/iPad, but also with the MacBook.

All the best, stay healthy!

Eddy

January 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM #43294

Brendan
    Keymaster

I had always intended on implementing an audio recording capability in the Mac version. Just never got around to it yet.

February 22, 2023 at 11:31 PM #49008

singatune
    Participant

+1 for this feature, please! This would be hugely helpful to me for cataloging composition ideas (chord voicings, orchestrations, etc.)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.