Appleid and data storage on the icloud

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

rleathen
    Participant

Brenden does TapForms for IOS make use of the devices primary Appleid for accessing the data stored on the cloud. More specifically does it make use of the Primary iCloud Appleid defined in the icloud settings of the IOS device. Currently both my wife and I use Tapforms on each of our iphones and ipads with the data being stored on the icloud. At this point the primary applied defined in the icloud settings on each device (4 of them) is the same. My question is if my wife changes the primary appleid on her iphone and ipad will she still be able to access the tapforms data stored on the cloud and used by the Tapforms app on my iphone and ipad using a different primary appleid.

My hunch is that she will no longer be able to access the data but I wanted to hear from you. If this is the case is there a work around that we could use to ensure that the same tapforms data is accessible on all 4 devices.

Thanks again for your ongoing help.

Rob

December 25, 2014 at 4:08 PM #12488

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s correct. All apps which provide access to iCloud Drive use the primary iCloud account. In fact, there really is only one iCloud account. Perhaps you have others that are just used for email?

So if she switches to a different Apple ID, then yes, she will lose access to your shared data.

It would be wonderful if Apple provided developers with some way to specify a separate account to use with iCloud Drive, but unfortunately they don’t.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.