Apple Watch With TF 5, Not Showing Up

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Robert Battaglia
    Participant

I have TF5 working on my MAC and 2 IOS devices. I have a document set to Apple Watch and two forms within the document set to Apple Watch. The Watch will show “Forms” title but no forms. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Oh, the settings are made through TF on my iPhone. Should show up on the watch. I am using IBM for sync, if that matters and shouldn’t. Any ideas? Thanks

August 22, 2016 at 5:30 PM #18981

Brendan
    Keymaster

With the watch app open, tap on the Show on Watch switch on any of your forms in the main database document you’ve designated as set for Apple Watch. You can set a document to be for Apple Watch by tapping on the (i) button on the main screen then tapping on the “Display on Apple Watch” switch. You should see the watch then display the forms from that document which have the “Show on Watch” switch turned on.

August 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM #18982

Robert Battaglia
    Participant

OK, the watch app was open, I have Show on
    Watch switch set out on in 3 small forms. Also I set the document which has those forms switched to show on watch. All my watch shows is “Forms” without any forms showing.

I’ve followed your directions and the one on the watch app, which is the same as yours to no avail.

Thanks

August 22, 2016 at 8:41 PM #18985

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s odd. I just tested it and it did work for me. Initially I saw what you saw with nothing displayed, but then when I opened up the form I wanted to display and with the watch not sleeping, but displaying the empty Forms list, I tapped on Show on Watch and a second later or so, the screen refreshed and showed all the forms. I could even tap on any of the forms to view the records. So I’m not quite sure why it’s not working for you. I am however using iOS 10 beta and WatchOS 3 beta too. So maybe it’s working better because of that.

August 22, 2016 at 9:09 PM #18986

Robert Battaglia
    Participant

OK, I just got 2 of the forms to show up. The others would not. While the watch was in TF, I got 2 forms logged on, the watch went to sleep, I woke it up to TF, where it was, set the 3rd and 4th forms for the watch, but they did not show up. Is there something wrong with the sequence? When the watch went to sleep, should I have quit TF on the watch, re-started, then tried to get the other 2 forms on by turning them off then on to “watch” again?

Thanks for all the help. This shouldn’t be as difficult as I seem to be making it. Were you able to get multiple forms on before the watch going to sleep? Seems to me that once you get a couple forms on to the watch, you can’t add additional forms.

August 22, 2016 at 10:21 PM #18987

Brendan
    Keymaster

I was able to add multiple forms to show up on the watch. I just tapped on it to prevent it from going to sleep while I did that. But I don’t know if that was necessary or not. I didn’t have to force quit the watch app either. Although I did just to test it to see if it would change the behaviour and it worked just fine. Took a few seconds though to connect to the iPhone and then it displayed all the forms I had set. My iPhone was also sleeping at that time. So the phone doesn’t need to be awake while you’re using the watch app.

August 23, 2016 at 3:50 PM #19012

Robert Battaglia
    Participant

Again, thank you so much for your 1st class support.

I have not had the same luck as you with the Apple Watch. I happen to be looking at TF on my iPhone and decided to check it on my watch. While looking at my watch with two forms, low and behold, one of the three forms from yesterday popped up! No luck getting the final two forms from the same document to come up. I tried turning the Watch button from the forms side on my iPhone off and on again. No luck. I give up. There must be a problem with the watch,phone or forms. Neither the phone nor the watch went into sleep mode. Both devices have the current IOS updates.

August 23, 2016 at 5:02 PM #19016

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m very sorry for this trouble you’re having.

I just tried it with iOS 9 and watchOS 2.2.2 and it worked as expected. On that device I didn’t have a document designated for the Watch, so I enabled that. Then I opened the document, went to customize form and enabled the Show on Watch switch. The Watch refreshed and then showed the forms. I have about 4 forms showing there now. One with even over 500 records. Although it only shows 20 at a time as designed.

So I’m not sure what’s going on with your Watch.

Try force-quitting Tap Forms on your iPhone from the multi-tasking view and then launch the Watch app. It should startup Tap Forms in the background and fetch the forms from the device at that time.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.