App Store Download

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

antonywoliver
    Participant

I have downloaded Tap Forms from the App Store.
    Upon launching the application it asks me for a “Tap Forms Encryption Key”.
    Where do I get this from?

Thanks.
    Antony.

October 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM #5499

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Antony,

Hmm… The first thing it did was ask you for an encryption key before you even used the app? Also, is this for the Mac version? If so, you may have set the encrypt value checkbox on a field which will now cause you to be prompted for an encryption key even if you haven’t setup an encryption key. I have fixed that bug and submitted it to Apple a couple of weeks ago, but they haven’t approved it yet.

You can get back in by clicking on the Lock App icon in the toolbar before it disables itself just as you’re launching the app.

Once you get to the Security Preferences screen, then click on the Set Encryption Key button and enter in whatever key you think you’ll be able to remember later.

Now you can use that encryption key when prompted by Tap Forms.

If you are unable to click on that Lock App button, then open up the Terminal application and enter this command in:

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac “selected-outline-form-id”

Once you’ve done that you’ll be able to launch Tap Forms again and you won’t be prompted for an encryption key until you click on that form you setup before with the encrypted field.

You should still go in and setup the encryption key.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.