App crash

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Nicholas Fuchs
    Participant

Using Tap Forms Organizer on an iPhone v13.3.1 and after applying a password (and I might have also enabled the ‘fingerprint’ option when setting the password) and restarting the app, it starts to display, then the home screen appears. The app is still running because I can switch to it, however, upon selecting it then shows the home screen.

What can be done so that I don’t lose my data>

April 29, 2020 at 12:50 PM #40397

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Are you using the latest version of Tap Forms 5?

This might be an issue with the older version of Tap Forms running on newer devices that have FaceID.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 29, 2020 at 1:45 PM #40400

Nicholas Fuchs
    Participant

So if I upgrade, I will not lose my custom forms and data?

April 29, 2020 at 1:47 PM #40401

Nicholas Fuchs
    Participant

BTW, I’m using Tap Forms Lite v4.0.7

April 29, 2020 at 10:28 PM #40405

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

Ah I see.

Ok, so it will be a bit more complicated for you to upgrade because you can’t get access to your database.

Are you familiar with iTunes File Sharing or the new Files area in macOS Catalina?

Apple has instructions on how to use iTunes File Sharing and Catalina Files here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210598

You’ll need to copy the TapForms_db.sqlite file to your computer from Tap Forms LT on your device.

You’ll also need to copy the other files and folders you see there to your computer too.

Then you should select the TapForms_db.sqlite and the folders and other files and compress them into a single zip file. You can rename the zip file to be TF-MyBackup.zip. When you’ve done that, you can use that file to import into Tap Forms 5.

Or alternatively you can delete Tap Forms from your device and re-install it. Then restore that backup file. But this time don’t enable FaceID if you want to continue to use the old version of Tap Forms.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.