Anyone else having unreliable iCloud sync issues?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Anyone else having unreliable iCloud sync issues?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steven Rice
    Participant

I’ve had Tap Forms syncing across my iPad, iPhone, and Mac, and have been having consistent sync issues when using iCloud the entire time. I first noticed it with images, but it happens with any other type of field too. I’ll have something setup just fine on one platform, like my iPad Pro, which is my primary computer. Then if I sync it, something like an image will not sync correctly and will not show up on other devices, ever. It says the image in reference is missing. If I try editing the record on another device that the image wasn’t showing up on, the image is then after ‘deleted’ or broken across all other platforms.

This can happen with all field types, not just images. iCloud sync just isn’t identifying which entries to sync correctly across platforms, or specific fields on a record, or both. I’m trying to use this for a lot of things, but mainly for work, and so far it’s been very neat, but fundamentally unreliable. It will ‘eat’ information in seemingly random records.

I don’t have an image heavy database or a large one filled with a million files or anything. It doesn’t matter how much time has passed. It’s not the images just not having uploaded ‘yet’, the sync is just broken, seemingly picking and choosing what fields to sync and what fields not to sync with no discernible rhyme or reason as to why. I’ve even had an entire field be removed from a form.

Has anyone else had issues like this, or gotten around them some how?

November 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM #38176

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

I can’t use iCloud sync at all on my Macintosh computer. I click the button to Enable iCloud sync and the gear spins and spins for up to an hour. Eventually, I have to click Done to get back to some sort of work.

And the Nearby settings aren’t working either.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.