Any way to make forms/fields or pick lists on MAC/PC

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Any way to make forms/fields or pick lists on MAC/PC

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

ndroste
    Participant

Hi,

I’m about to make a large form for a street questionaire, just wondering if there are any ways to create forms, fields or pick-lists on a Mac or PC, then import them into the app, just to get the heavy typing done on a keyboard rather than a phone screen.

I use Mac and have office 2011 etc.

I remember reading a while ago that you were starting work on a desktop version, is that still underway?

Thanks, Nic

August 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM #5276

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Nic,

Yes, Tap Forms Mac is complete (for version 1.0) and I’ve submitted it to Apple for approval on August 1st. I’m just waiting for them to review and approve it. It seems to be taking them quite some time to get to it.

Nevertheless, in the mean time, you can certainly create a file in Excel with a header row with all your field names, then export the file as a CSV file from Excel and then import it into Tap Forms using any of the ways that you would normally get files to Tap Forms (email, web, FTP, Dropbox).

Make sure your CSV file has at least one data row as well as the header row or Tap Forms won’t import it.

Then, on the Files area in Tap Forms, tap on the action menu button next to the file name and then tap on Import File. Then follow the steps to import the file.

Tap Forms will auto-create the form for you by using the header rows column names in the file for the field names in the form.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere in the process.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 10, 2012 at 5:15 AM #5278

ndroste
    Participant

Brendan,

excellent. Once again thanks for the great support, and I’m looking forward to Tap Forms Mac.

August 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM #5299

ndroste
    Participant

Any feedback on a release date for the Mac version?

August 28, 2012 at 5:39 AM #5300

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I wish Apple had approved it already. You’ll know when they have because I have a new website ready to deploy when it gets released. It’s still waiting for review right now. That’s one of the drawbacks of selling through the App Store. But I need to because that’s the only way you can support iCloud with a Mac app.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 5, 2012 at 1:23 AM #5319

ndroste
    Participant

HI Brendan,

just thought you’d like to know, I got the v.3.0 app update and bought the Mac version. Looks great so far, icloud syncing is working perfectly, and my existing forms are working a treat. Thanks!

September 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM #5320

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi ndroste,

I’m glad it’s working for you. There is a workaround for a photos sync bug on my support page on this website if you find that photos aren’t showing up after you enabled iCloud sync.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM #5321

Jeremy
    Participant

I also have the v.3.0 update and the sync is awesome! Also like the new graphics.
    I saw on your frequently asked questions that tapforms will automatically sync “down” from the cloud but will not automatically push records. Is that something you would consider adding or at least adding an option that I could turn on to sync either automatically or at a time interval? My problem is that if my employees do not remember to sync their data, it could cause problems for me,
    Thanks!

September 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM #5345

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m considering various options for how to handle that. The sync down process takes too long in order to facilitate syncing after each change. That’s an area that needs improvement.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.