Any update on PDF email attachment?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

jdmartin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Just wanted to check in and see what progress has been made, if any, on the ability to have the record as a pdf attachment to an email, instead of including all the data in the email body, as you currently do.

Thanks…

Jim

February 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM #5129

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

I’m sorry, but I haven’t begun to work on that yet. I had hoped to have it for 2.1.12, but I needed to spend more time on Tap Forms Mac and syncing. I need a clone of myself :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

February 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM #5130

jdmartin
    Participant

I truly do know how you feel! I’m still holding out for the PDF attachment, but do you currently have ANY clue as to when you might be able to start on this much requested feature?

February 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM #5131

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

Believe me, if I could hand it off to someone else to complete, I would. But I think for the moment it’s more important for me to build a proper sync algorithm. I get more requests for syncing and a desktop version than I do for PDF emailing. I understand your need for it. I want it in there too. If I give you a date and then can’t deliver on that promise, then I don’t look like I’m being very responsive to my customers’ needs, which is a top priority for me.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM #5133

jdmartin
    Participant

Fully understand…..I’ll keep using this great software as is, and just be a little more patient (although patience is not a virtue that I have !!).

Thanks for always replying to your customer’s questions.

Jim

May 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM #5199

Alexco38
    Participant

PDF email attachment

We don’t have a Airprint printer. We use Print Pro which is highly rated.

Unfortunately, if you don’t use Airprint you can only do “Open In…”

That would work if the Tap Form record is emailed as an attachment (in this case, PDF).

So Please have this feature expedited.

October 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM #5432

Dethpickle
    Participant

+1 on emailing as PDF attachment

(great app, btw)

(and… how the heck do you search these forums? The Search box just dumps to the website home.)

(still great app though… :-)

October 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM #5440

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve just updated my website to fix the search problem. You can now search the blog posts and the forum separately. It was a misconfiguration on my part and I had to take time to figure out how to fix it.

The cries for a PDF export are getting louder and louder. I hear you.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.