Any tips for successfully importing an Apple Numbers spreadsheet

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Any tips for successfully importing an Apple Numbers spreadsheet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Peter Laundy
    Participant

I do not own Excel, but my Apple Numbers program exports to Excel. However when I tried to Import a Record into an existing TapForms Form using the resulting Excel file nothing showed up in the window showing the contents of the spreadsheet and nothing but empty cells imported into untitled fields.

My only path to success was to take this Excel file and import it into Google Sheets, clean up things like a row added at the top and 100s of empty rows and tens of empty columns added, then export it to Excel, then import the record to TapForms.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a simple export from Numbers to Excel to work?

December 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM #32914

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Try exporting as a CSV file instead of an Excel file. Tap Forms should import that just as well from Number. You definitely need a header row that contains the field names. And it is a good idea to remove any empty columns and rows before you export and then import into Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.