alternative sync

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ben Latino
    Participant

Dear staff,
    I recently joined happily the TAPFORMS community both on OS X and IOS. Since the recent doubts about cloud security I strongly wish that you consider to hook up to clouds other than the incredible insecure dropbox (TrueCrypt in between would be a solution though) and ICloud. I use – naturally – a certified German provider as cloud ‘in privatissime’ that also allows webdav. I hesitate to completely switch with all those great features to TD, use therefore only data and attachments that are not too personal.
    Is there, by any chance, a glimpse of hope?
    Kind regards,
    Ben/ Germany

PS: Not even backup is possible with other clouds, isn’t it?

June 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM #10392

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

iCloud is pretty secure. Have you heard of any breaches of security with iCloud that would make you think it’s incredibly insecure?

All communication from your devices to iCloud is encrypted. Plus all data stored on iCloud is also encrypted by Apple. PLUS, Tap Forms encrypts all sync files generated when you tap the upload to iCloud button. Tap Forms uses your own encryption key along with a randomly generated key to encrypt your data. So it’s pretty secure.

That being said, there’s some new technology in iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite that I’m looking into in order to provide a WiFi sync based system. It’s called Multi-Peer Networking. I’ve only just started looking into it though.

Tap Forms uses Dropbox only for file exchange, not for syncing.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 17, 2014 at 6:33 AM #10402

CopperCav
    Participant

Will TapForms work with SugarSync? I prefer to use SugarSync over Dropbox and iCloud. I don’t have enough room in iCloud left to sync with.

Thanks!

June 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM #10407

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms only syncs with iCloud. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.