Allow editing an auto-increment number field

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Allow editing an auto-increment number field

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

jolinwarren
    Participant

Hello,

I have a form with a number field where it would be extremely useful to use the auto-increment setting. However, turning on this setting seems to prevent me from editing the number field. This form creates records for photos on my digital camera, so usually the number is one more than the last one. But sometimes I delete photos, so I need to skip a few numbers, hence the need to be able to edit the default auto-increment value that is populated when creating a new record.

Is it possible that a future version allows for editing an auto-increment number field? The way I envisage it, the auto-increment simply places a default value in the number field, but this can then be overridden at any point while editing the record.

Thanks,
    Jolin

September 1, 2018 at 3:54 PM #30455

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jolin,

I’ll think about that. It’s been the way it is now for almost a decade, so to change it now would be a bit of a diversion. But it’s possible I suppose that I could put a switch on the Field properties panel to let you specify whether or not it should be editable.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 4, 2018 at 11:42 AM #30538

jolinwarren
    Participant

Thanks for considering it, that would be a big help for me if possible. I’ve not used the auto-increment before, and I realise it’s a bit of an unusual case, but would be very handy.

Thanks,
    Jolin

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.