All Records Vanished in 5.0.9

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

OkieG8r
    Participant

Hello,

Just updated to 5.0.9 The database document still says 1004.3 MB, but when it opens all my forms appear but no records show up. History:

1) While traveling I created a new form on my iPad. It had but two fields. I to create a record 3 times, but each time it failed to show in the form. However, when I searched for a word in record (“snorkel”) all three records were reverenced as found, but they still did not appear in the form (which showed “0” in the number button). I deferred further attempts until I was home.

2) Performed ‘Nearby’ sync when I returned home. The empty form appeared on my MBP still with no records. Tried to enter a new record on the MBP – again same result – it did not save .

3) Thought it might be a problem with the Form, so I deleted it and tried to create a new form. However, when I clicked on the “+” sign to add a new field, none showed up (it did not create a new field).

4) Checked for an update (I was using 5.0.7 at the time). Saw one available, so downloaded and dragged it over (after closing the app and placing the previous version in a subfolder).

5) When I launched 5.0.9, my forms were there, but there were no records.

Hopefully, this is something with which you may help?

Thanks in advance.

(screenshot attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 3, 2016 at 5:46 PM #20294

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think the problem may have been a corrupted database from the earlier version and not due to the 5.0.9 update. Do you have Time Machine that you can restore to a previous backup with?

November 4, 2016 at 10:12 AM #20301

OkieG8r
    Participant

No. But my iPhone DB is up to date. Is there a way I can use it to recreate the database on the MBP?

November 4, 2016 at 3:38 PM #20309

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes. You can simply transfer the database file from your iPhone to your MBP. With a file that big I would suggest using iTunes File Sharing to copy it to your computer. Just plug your iPhone into your Mac and launch iTunes. Go to the File Sharing area and find Tap Forms. You should see a list of .tapforms document files there. Copy the one you want to your Mac by dragging it to your Desktop, then drag it into the Database Documents view in Tap Forms Mac. It will get moved into the place that Tap Forms store those files.

Then you can open it up and continue from there.

February 28, 2017 at 5:06 AM #21268

Penelope Sheen
    Participant

I am having a similar problem. When I open Tap Forms 5.0.10 (Build833) the record numbers show on the right, however when I click into them the change to 0 and no records are shown – see images below. I’m not currently using this on any other device but do have back-up versions. What is the best way to restore from back ups on this version? cant find this online. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 28, 2017 at 11:49 AM #21277

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Penelope,

To restore, close your document first, then bring forward the main Database Documents window. Then remove the existing corrupted file. Then use the Restore command from the File menu. Find your backup file and click the Choose button on the open file dialogue sheet.

Or if you’re using Time Machine for backups, select the damaged file and then click the “Show in Finder” button to view the file in the Finder. Use the Enter Time Machine command under the Time Machine menu in your menubar at the top of the screen. Navigate back in time to a point from before this problem occurred. Then click the Restore button.

If you’ve been syncing with IBM Cloudant, then your data will be synced to the last bit of data that had previously been synced.

March 6, 2017 at 4:15 AM #21382

Chris Ward
    Participant

Whilst using the database on my mac, without explanation, all records vanished. I had merely tried to search for one thing and got zero results, when I tried to look back at everything, there was nothing there! I found the records were still there on my iPad, and was able to copy them from there to my mac using iTunes ‘File Sharing’. The size of the zip backup file suggest about 2/3 of the data has been lost, but scrolling thru my data, I cannot immediately tell what. Very disconcerting. I must back up more often.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.