All Records Suddenly Missing?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

I was working on my accounting and noticed the form with all my passwords have disappeared. It would be pretty hard to accidentally delete them so I’m puzzled.

I did recently superduper to a new drive, but it the records were there only moments ago. It is the only form that is locked and encrypted so maybe it’s related to that? What’s interesting is that the welcome screen reports the form is still quite large (1MB) compared to all my other forms as if there’s something in there.

Fortunately I still have my original drive which is why I’m not freaking out yet.

Help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 4, 2017 at 10:41 AM #23636

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I’m not sure. Which version of Tap Forms are you currently using? I know there was a problem like this in Tap Forms 5.0.x, but Tap Forms 5.1.x has solved that problem with corrupted databases when you encounter a power failure.

July 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM #23638

grooveagent
    Participant

I’m using 5.1.4. I booted from my backup drive, exported the table and imported it in the original database. The database shows as larger, but no records or forms.

I imported the same into a new document (PWS2) and it showed up. What the?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 4, 2017 at 12:19 PM #23640

Brendan
    Keymaster

Interesting. It seems perhaps that the form was deleted. By export do you mean you exported a Tap Forms Archive file? If you import a .tfarc file into the same database document it came from and that form is deleted, then it should come back. I just tested that. I’m not sure why your’s didn’t come back though.

I’ve seen a strange problem maybe once or twice before where a form loses its category and doesn’t go into the Uncategorized folder.

If you launch the Console app and look for any text that says “malformed” or “disk image” that may be an indication that the original file has become corrupted.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.