all records as a table (list)?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

how can I easily create a table of my records. I like to have a spreadsheet like list as an overview. When I click the different views from the top menu I do not find such a view…!?

Well the only way to get to such a view is to start a search, which brings the table on top but up to then this table was hidden. Maybe just a bug?

Cheers
    Joerg

November 29, 2017 at 12:44 AM #26268

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joerg,

If you click the Multi-Column List view, you’ll get a spreadsheet type view.

Perhaps it’s just hidden. To reveal it, drag from the top horizontal divider line just above the “Default Layout” tab or other custom layout tabs. Drag downwards until the top section snaps open.

That should do it.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 29, 2017 at 12:52 AM #26269

Yogie
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

yes that’s it, it was hidden and how to reveal it was not so obvious to me.

Maybe to hide or reveal the multi-column list, it would be nice to have a lite icon just like the one to hide/show the parent record below the multi-column list!?

You really have to know that you can drag down the line above the layout tabs…

Cheers and many thanks for your quick help, answer and solution!

Joerg

November 29, 2017 at 12:56 AM #26270

Yogie
    Participant

BTW…

Is it correct if I do not set any default sort or grouping in a view that no records will be shown?

November 29, 2017 at 1:23 AM #26276

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Joerg,

Well, you shouldn’t be able to drag it up so it’s not visible. I think there’s an auto-layout bug that might be causing this. Are you using the latest version?

Also, Tap Forms requires a First Sort Field because that’s what’s used to generate a view into the records in the database for that form. Without the First Sort Field, there’s no view generated and no records will display. I know it’s not an ideal situation and I should force a field to be selected at all times.

November 29, 2017 at 1:44 AM #26278

Yogie
    Participant

Hey Brandan,

I’m using Version 5.2.3 ( Build 1727).

Thanks for the info about the sort field makes sense :)

Cheers
    Joerg

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.