All full size photos lost :-( (After Upgrade)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms All full size photos lost :-( (After Upgrade)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Mattapper
    Participant

I upgraded my iPhone and iPad because i really wanted to use the iCloud sync feature. But now i had to realize, that all full-size-photos are lost :-( All entrys only show the thumbnail – if you try to open the picture you only see a black screen. I realized it when i mady a backup that there was something wrong, because the backup was missing 100 MB (now it know it have been the photos). If you make a new entry with a photo, everything is fine, but all my old entrys are now missing the pics.
    Unfortunately i deleted my old backup on the iPhone, so i now only have the backup from iTunes which i stored locally. In the folder “Photos” there are still all my pics, so now my question is, if there is any chance to restore my database…

September 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM #5335

Mattapper
    Participant

And here is the easy solution for that :-)
    I only had to copy all the pictures from my local backup into the iCloud Photos folder.
    Then i started Tap Forms on my Mac, made the iCloud syn on all devices and after that, everything was fine again!
    Wow – that was really easy :-)

September 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM #5336

Brendan
    Keymaster

I have fixed the bug which caused this. Your photos weren’t actually deleted or gone. They just didn’t get moved to iCloud when you enabled iCloud sync in Tap Forms. This is because the Photos folder didn’t exist in iCloud and Tap Forms didn’t create it for you like it should have. Another workaround was to have created a new photo (as you did) with iCloud turned on, then disabled iCloud sync on the device that still had all the photos, then re-enable iCloud sync. Tap Forms would then move all your photos into the iCloud container and then they would be visible again.

Sorry for the trouble.

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.