All done!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

stevewi
    Participant

After a very frustrating weekend of trying to add some simple fields to one of my forms that featured 5 (count ’em FIVE!) crashes, I am giving up on Tap Forms. The Mac version is just not ready for prime time.

I was hoping I could replace my now-defunct copy of Bento with Tap Forms but I can’t…too many bugs and crashes. Combine these with an indeterminate time-line for updates and bug fixes and I can see database corruption in my future…not something I want very much.

I wish you luck, Brendan! Tap Forms has great potential but it’s just not usable enough to meet my needs at the moment.

Since I have been a Tap Forms user for exactly 6 days as of this writing and there was no “try-before-you-buy” package, I hope you will consider refunding my money. You can contact me at the email address I used to register for this forum to arrange that (it’s also my account for the App Store).

Thanks.

— SteveW

August 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM #6475

Sirius
    Participant

Are you certain it is Tap Forms and not a bad preference file or disk problems? I am new to TF as of a week ago. Played with it to get familiar. Then moved three Bento databases into TF during the weekend, added new features, and successfully synchronized to iPhone and iPad. Never did it crash. I am far happier than I ever was with Bento.

August 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM #6476

stevewi
    Participant

When the crash report says “Tap Forms.app” and something like “segmentation violation”, I’m reasonably certain it’s TF :-). As for the other things you mention, if the disc was at fault, I’d be seeing that elsewhere (Disk Utility verifies the disc successfully). A bad prefs file?…geez…gimme a break… Since prefs files are created by TF, a bad one would be indicative of another bug, no?

Besides, it wasn’t in the import from Bento…I had done that successfully awhile ago. I was adding a new field (a supported operation I believe).

With an indeterminate schedule for updates and bug-fixes (read some of the other posts in this forum and note how many say “I don’t know when this is coming) I just can’t take the risk with my data.

— SteveW

August 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM #6485

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

My apologies that you’re having troubles with Tap Forms. If you send me the crash reports I can try to figure out what the problem is. I know there’s one crash that occurs if you blank out the field name, so perhaps that’s what you’re encountering?

Also, things are in flux right now with iOS 7 and Mavericks both being in beta, so that’s partially why I don’t know when I will be releasing my next updates. I have to wait for the GMs to be released before I’ll know more.

As for refunding your money, just click on the Report a Problem link next to your purchase in the iTunes receipt you’ve received. Apple takes care of all those things for developers.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.