Alignment?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

The alignment of number fields always move the value to the right of the field. Is there a way to move the number to the center or left of the field?

I think I understand the reasoning, but couldn’t that reason be applied and move the decimal point to the center and keep the alignment of the decimal points all aligned that way. Having all numbers to the right really makes it hard to read when you have the next field to the right with numbers or test that is aligned to the left, right next to the numbers.

January 19, 2023 at 8:18 PM #48736

Brendan
    Keymaster

Are you referring to the iOS or Mac version? And where? Multi-column list view? Or custom layouts?

You can control the field alignment on custom layouts. But by default on the multi-column list view Number fields are right justified so that the decimals all line up.

January 20, 2023 at 12:11 PM #48741

Glen Forister
    Participant

Sorry I wasn’t clear. Yes, I was referring to the multi-col list view. I use that extensively instead of spending a lot of time to create a form. I don’t use the computer interface the most so the time for a form isn’t justified.

Where I need a form is on the iPhone where I do most of my work. Unfortunately, several databases I have had to continue using in HanDBase because it has a great form for iPhone. I’m anxiously waiting for you to develop forms for the iPhone so I can leave HanDBase behind. Attached are a couple of forms I use daily, one for TV, another for microscope work, and another flash card to review butterfly species.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 20, 2023 at 2:58 PM #48749

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for the clarification. custom layouts are still a work in progress for the iOS version. But I will eventually have something where you can have fields side by side. It won’t look exactly like what you have pictured though.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.