Alias attachment issue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

MacOS : latest high Sierra release
    Tap Form : latest release.

The latest release of Tap Form seemed to have screwed the alias attachment. When I want to add an alias in an attachment field, this is the complete file which is added to the database and no more the alias as on the previous TF version.

Would you please have a look ?

Thanks a lot,
    Kind regards,
    Laurent

March 17, 2021 at 3:06 PM #43890

Daniel Leu
    Participant

It works for me. What you don’t see anymore is the ‘alias arrow’ on the thumbnail. Brendan had to change some stuff in order to add Javascript API support for this feature.

But look at the size of the file. If it is an alias, it is about 700 bytes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 17, 2021 at 9:31 PM #43892

Laurent
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback.

Understood, file size is about 800 – 900 bytes in my case, similar to you.
    It is strange that the alias arrow is no more. Also, when I digg into the finder info of the file added to the database it does not mention that this is an alias, but reports the file type of the original file…

March 18, 2021 at 1:10 AM #43893

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Yes, I figured this would be an issue for some people. But I had to change it because in reality aliases were broken before due to security requirements. What Tap Forms was doing is after you quit and re-launched, it would no longer open the aliased file when you double-clicked on it. It would simply take you to the location of the file in the Finder.

Now with the way I’ve changed it, when you double-click the alias, the original will be opened up.

Yes, the little arrow is gone. I’ll work on bringing it back as an overlay image. Previously it was generated by the operating system itself.

Also, in the Finder, that’s right, it’s not recognized as a Finder alias. This is because of security restrictions in the operating system again. It’s now just a binary encoded bookmark file.

March 18, 2021 at 3:39 AM #43894

Laurent
    Participant

Thank you Brendan, clear.

Nice day to you !

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.