Alerts Without Calendar- Just Within Tapforms?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Alerts Without Calendar- Just Within Tapforms?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Hello- When creating a date & time entry, the alert automagically goes to Apple calendar as a calendar apt.

Is it possible to just keep the alert within Tapforms where it would just appear under alerts?

Thx!

August 24, 2015 at 4:34 PM #14508

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, you can do that. Just don’t click the Add to Calendar button. Make sure the “Enable Alert” function is turned on before you close the popover. You’ll get a local notification when the time specified arrives.

In the next update you’ll be able to specify which calendar you want your events added to.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 25, 2015 at 10:21 AM #14524

mrbill
    Participant

Awesome. Tapforms is amazingly flexible, powerful, and easy to use.

Thx.

August 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM #14527

mrbill
    Participant

Actually quick follow-up.

I scheduled an alert. I can hear the system sound of the alert, it appears in the alerts, but I’m having the following problem:

– The # indication doesn’t show anything but 0. The notification # in the form only shows 0 even though there are notifications.

Any thoughts?

Thx!

August 25, 2015 at 8:24 PM #14529

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you mean the badge on the icon in the dock? Or do you mean the Alerts listing in Tap Forms? It should show a value there to show how many records have alerts scheduled on them. When an alert fires and you view the record that fired it, that record will disappear from that list and the count will be reduced.

August 26, 2015 at 8:46 AM #14532

mrbill
    Participant

Hey Brendan- Thanks for the help.

I’m not getting any badge in the dock or in tap forms itself. I’ve enclosed a picture as an example. I’m sure its something I’m doing wrong.

Thx!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM #14541

Brendan
    Keymaster

It may not be you. I’ll have to investigate that to see why the counter isn’t being set.

August 26, 2015 at 3:53 PM #14546

mrbill
    Participant

No Prob. Let me know if you need more to experiment/try something on my end.

Thx!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.