Alarm notification

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

harringg
    Participant

I was testing the new alarm feature in v2.0.2 and it works fine, but how do I get rid of the notice badge on the icon once the alarm has fired?

I’ve even deleted the Time/Date field and my alarm badge is still on the TapForms icon.

February 26, 2011 at 6:36 AM #4467

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello harringg,

It’s supposed to go away when you’ve viewed the record. You can also turn off the switch in the date field and save to get rid of it.

If you have no alerts, but it’s still showing up, go to the Alerts list and tap the action menu and tap “Clear All Alerts”. That will also clear the badge.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM #4469

harringg
    Participant

>>It’s supposed to go away when you’ve viewed the record. You can also turn off the switch in the date field and save to get rid of it.

I’ve removed the entire Date & Time Field from the Form, and it still shows up.

>>If you have no alerts, but it’s still showing up, go to the Alerts list and tap the action menu and tap “Clear All Alerts”. That will also clear the badge.

Where is the Alerts list? Do you mean in TapForms, or at the System level?

February 27, 2011 at 2:50 AM #4473

Brendan
    Keymaster

On the iPhone version the Alerts list is on the Favourites tab. I tried putting it as a new tab in the tab bar, but then the OS automatically added a More tab and pushed the Settings and Files tabs over there. I didn’t like that, so I added it as a segmented control on the Favourites tab.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 27, 2011 at 3:59 AM #4474

harringg
    Participant

That did it. The Alerts tab showed “no records”, but the badge was still there. The Clear All Alerts removed the badge icon. Is it a bug that it doesn’t clear on it’s own? Especially since there wasn’t even a Date/Time alarm field in my database (I removed it from my Form)

Thanks

February 27, 2011 at 4:07 AM #4475

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Harringg,

Well, the alert badge function doesn’t work the way I want it to work actually. But that’s because Apple’s implementation of Local Notifications is wrong. I’m hoping they’ll fix it in an upcoming release. Anyway, normally when you view the record, the badge number will be decremented. But there are definitely some issues with that area that I still have to work out.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.