Airdrop doesn’t work

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Mihalic
    Participant

I have Tap Forms on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I put a new database on my Mac, but I can’t get it to my other devices. Airdrop is turned on on all devices and set to EVERYONE. When I hit the share button on the Mac it can’t find the other devices and all are on the same network. I am able to keep my other database updated, but can’t get the new one over to the other devices.

August 22, 2020 at 5:47 PM #41722

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Depending on how old your Mac is, it may not fully support Airdrop to iOS devices. You need to have support for Bluetooth 4 for it to work which I think is in Macs starting in 2012. I have an iMac 2011 that tries to do Airdrop but never seems to work properly for sending documents.

As a workaround you should be able to transfer the document using iTunes File Sharing. Check the “Sending to Another Device” page for more details at the very bottom of the page. Looks like it hasn’t been updated for Catalina but I believe it’s a similar set of instructions except via Finder not iTunes.

August 22, 2020 at 9:23 PM #41725

Brendan
    Keymaster

Just found that to do AirDrop from macOS to iOS, you need one of these Macs:

2012 or later MacBook Air
    2012 or later MacBook Pro
    2012 or later iMac
    2012 or later Mac mini
    Late-2013 or later Mac Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.