After 10 years still best Notes app!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

obisbis
    Participant

I first started using TapForms back in 2009 and continued using it daily and religiously for 3 years straight. I had switched to Android and Windows in 2012 and used them until last month. I used various notes apps on those other platforms but none were really satisfactory. Just a month and a half ago I found my old 3g iPhone in a drawer and thought I might be able to see 3 years worth of notes in the old notes app, I couldn’t even remember the name :-). With a couple of sprays from a compressed air can the phone started charging and long and behold the phone turned on.

I asked Santa for an iPad this Christmas (2019) so I could see my old notes, and I guess I was a good boy, so I got one, and downloaded the TapForms app and was able to import all my notes from 10 years ago, I was the happiest person on the planet :-). That was the best Christmas ever! So I basically got an iPad to go with TapForms instead of the other way around. That’s how much I love this app. Now I’m thinking of buying an iPhone just so that I could have access to my notes from my iPad. Apple must love you, Brendan! ?.

Just wanted to say this app is the best organizational app on the planet, even after 10 years it is still the only one I would consider using. I love how customizable it is, scripting, etc., secure with awesome encryption, and how the developer kept on updating it keeping up with the tech industry. And best of all the great support I get directly from the developer. I mean, what more could you ask for!. I will certainly be using TapForms daily and for many years to come.

Thank you so much for this app! and great work!

-O

February 2, 2020 at 1:42 AM #39427

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh wow! Thanks obisbis! That’s really kind of you to write that.

I’m thrilled that you were able to get Tap Forms going again and have returned!

The first version of Tap Forms went live on the App Store on September 28, 2008. It took about 5 or 6 weeks I think before Apple approved it for sale. So I’ve been working on it continuously for 12 years now! Although maybe a few months less than that because I wrote the first lines of code I think in April or May of 2008.

I think Tap Forms is one of those forever projects. I’m still having a great time working on it and helping customers get the most out of it. So there will always be more to come.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.