Advance Searches

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

I’m using the Mac version. The search function seems useless to me. I want to search records that meet two criteria. Status = Yes AND Checkbox = No. First problem – how do I specify the 1st criteria? I can type Yes into the search box, but that looks for YES in any of my fields – including the checkbox which is a direct conflict with what my second search criteria will be. There needs to be a way to bypass the generic search and go right to the specific field search. Take a look at Bento – I can go straight to advanced search by clicking a little down arrow next to the magnifying glass.

December 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM #8251

carlosMAP
    Participant

Start typing something into the search box. You will see a button “Save” that allows you to store the search as a query. Click on it and you will see different fields and operators to constraint and build the query (like in Finder advanced search), and a + button to add more. Then you can save for future uses, or dismiss.

I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for.

December 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM #8252

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, but no, that’s not the problem. The problem is that the first search isn’t of any particular field but rather of anything in the whole database that matches. But no worries, I see that it’s to be fixed in the next release. I just hope Apple hurries up with v2.0

December 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM #8255

Brendan
    Keymaster

Version 2.0 was just approved moments ago. I’ll be releasing it to the App Store right away. It will take some time to process for app store release, but it should be available around the world within the next 24 hours.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.