Adjust leading or line spacing in text or notes

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Adjust leading or line spacing in text or notes

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brandan,
    Awesome job you guys do supporting amazing Tap Forms! I can’t see a post or solution after many searches: how to adjust line spacing or leading in text or notes with multiples lines of text? I need to match an existing form that I’ve imported as a background and lay my fields over it to match. All is well until I tried matching multiple lines of text. The only way I see is to fin a typeface or font with inbuilt leading that matches. It’s OK but not so consistent to use a different font. Any ideas? Pleae see attached screen shot. Tap Froms is a life-saver and so much better than Bento!. Truly awesome. Geniuses created this! Cheers, Bob

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 18, 2017 at 12:25 PM #21196

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Bob,

You need to change your field from a Text field to a Notes field. Making that change will not affect existing data because those are compatible field types. After that field is a Note field you can select the field and then select the menu item Layout\Text\Show Ruler to reveal editing controls. NB: this is different from the menu item Layout\Show Ruler. You’ll find a Spacing pop-up menu that will give you the control you’re looking for. Then toggle the ruler off when you’re done by reselecting the same menu item or typing the keyboard shortcut command-control-r.

— Mike

February 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM #21214

Bob Bower
    Participant

Great, Brendan! Thanks!
    Bob

February 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM #21216

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the solution Mike!

July 30, 2018 at 1:54 PM #30149

Robert Lueck
    Participant

Mike,
    I have a Notes field that I would like to have control over in terms of line spacing, but I cannot figure out how to get to the controls. Can you help?

July 30, 2018 at 6:10 PM #30152

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Did you try the solution that Mike Schwartz posted?

You can also get to the line height control when editing a Note field on the Default Layout on macOS. There’s a popup button in the Text Format toolbar that lets you control the line height.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 31, 2018 at 10:01 AM #30157

Robert Lueck
    Participant

The Default Layout on macOS option worked perfectly. Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.