Addresses with export to Gmail and printable Address Book

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Tap Forms Template Exchange Addresses with export to Gmail and printable Address Book

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Peter Vrijlandt
    Participant

Here is my addresses form. There is a possibility to export to Gmail Contacts and to print an Address book.

Export to Gmail Contacts:
    The strange field names correspond to the header in the .csv file that Gmail Contacts needs to understand where to store the data.
    1) Select saved search ‘Export Gmail’.
    2) Export records as .csv with Unix(LF) and with fields selected: Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Primary Phone, Home Phone 2, E-mail Address, E-mail 2 Address, Categories.
    3) Delete all Contacts in Gmail.
    4) Import resulting .csv file in Gmail Contacts.
    The Categories data go to the groups. You can add more than one category by dividing them by a “;”.

Print Address Book in double sided A5:
    1) Select saved search ‘Print address book’.
    2) Choose layout ‘Address_Book’.*
    3) Print with: Details (1 record per page).
    4) Choose US Letter**
    5) Choose ‘Open PDF in Preview’
    6) Print and now choose A5 (and Rear tray and Duplex printing, scale: 68%). Here you can use a preset ‘Address_Book’, but the scale 68% must still be added.
    * In this layout is chosen for a custom label ‘address_book’ with ‘multiple records per page’ selected. This strange combination works. This label must have US Letter page size. This is the only page size that prevents from shifting records.
    ** Choosing here directly for A5 makes the print shift to the end on the page so last records are falling between to pages.
    I don’t know if this workaround the shifting off the page issue is caused by my specific printer (Canon MG6150). Perhaps with another printer you can print the layout directly to A5 paper format.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 24, 2015 at 5:47 PM #14307

pmtsc
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this form. It looks great and I’ll definitely use it

December 14, 2015 at 3:16 AM #15469

Petra Jovkov
    Participant

Thank you very much! Very helpful :-)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.