Address Field error

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

mDaddy
    Participant

I am having a problem with the address field when I imported the file. Every address in my form shows up as ********************** when the field is set as text field and when I set the field as Location the Tap Forms shows my location on the map not the client location?

November 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM #3841

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have masking turned on for the field? That would cause the ******* to display.

The location field will find your own location. There’s a search field where you can enter an address in to display its location on the map. It doesn’t automatically take an address and locate it for you. Perhaps I need to add a specific “address” type field that would do that automatically.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM #3843

mDaddy
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response. Yes I had the masking turned on for a test and I forgot to turn it off.

Regarding the Location field option in a form, I am not sure what is the use of finding one’s own location in client record however there must have been a reason.

I find the address field too small. When I set the address field as TEXT, It does not show the whole address in the form or when I open the field, unless it is a Note field.

I think having the address filed which shows you the client location would be great.

Thanks

December 1, 2009 at 5:00 AM #3845

Brendan
    Keymaster

When I added the location field, I was thinking of people recording data in specific locations. For example, a bird watcher might want to record where they saw a particular bird. Or a person might want to record the location where they were conducting a survey. I’m sure others could come up with a dozen examples or more.

But I think having a separate address field type would be beneficial.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.