Adding to Calendar

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

David Gordon
    Participant

I’ve been successfully adding events to my Calendar from Tap Forms on my Mac by clicking on ‘Date’ in my record. A new Calendar item is created using the Form name as the ‘New Event’ title.

So far so good, until I moved to a new Mac running macOS 10.14.4 and updated Tap Forms to 5.3.7 (Build 1819).

Now when I create a new event from Tap Forms there is no event title in Calendar. The date and time are correct and the note from the TF date popup are correct. But I see the ‘Title’ is grey although I can add text there. But it used to be completed automatically!

Where did I go wrong?!

Thanks

April 11, 2019 at 12:43 AM #34394

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You didn’t do anything wrong. I was asked by some customers to remove the form name that got added to the Title by default. Tap Forms will still take the value from the first field and stick it in the Title.

You can type whatever title you want in there other than that. That is what will be set on the event in Calendar.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 11, 2019 at 12:54 AM #34395

David Gordon
    Participant

Is the “first field” the field at the top of my Fields list? I’ve tried moving a Field I want to use as the Calendar Title but that’s not working for me. Am I going wrong yet!?

April 11, 2019 at 1:48 AM #34398

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, the first field is the one that appears at the top of the fields list.

If there’s already a title value it won’t be replaced with the value from the first field. Try it on a new record.

April 12, 2019 at 6:36 AM #34401

David Gordon
    Participant

Sorry, I’m still falling here….

I moved the field I want to the top of the list, created a new record, put some text into the top field and clicked the date to add to calendar. I still see the Title in that pop-up grey with no text and no Event Title in Calendar.

I tried creating a new field to use and did the same as above but still nothing.

I am going wrong somewhere!

April 12, 2019 at 10:22 AM #34403

Brendan
    Keymaster

I think the grey background colour of the field is just a bug. You can still type into it though. I’ll investigate.

Did you tab out of the first field in your form before you clicked the calendar button? That’s when it saves the value. I just tested and that does seem to be the case. If you type into the first field, then click the calendar button, it hasn’t committed the change in the first field yet and therefore doesn’t pick up the title.

So type into the first field, tab out of it, then click the calendar button. I’ll work on a fix to make sure that clicking the calendar button before tabbing out of the field will still commit the change and then use it in the date popover.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 13, 2019 at 3:12 AM #34405

David Gordon
    Participant

Did you tab out of the first field in your form before you clicked the calendar button?

No, that was my problem!

Thank you. I’ll look out for an update with a fix.

Thanks again,

David

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.