Adding multiple photos into a single Photo Field in a record

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Adding multiple photos into a single Photo Field in a record

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Lateral
    Participant

Hi guys

I have a Tapforms database and would like to add multiple photos to a single Photo field in a record as I need to store multiple photos of various objects into these records and I am currently creating up to 10 seperate “photo” fields.

I have the same need to attached multiple PDF documents into the record and have to create multiple “Field Attachment” fields.

Is this already possible and I just can’t see how to do it?

Thanks
    Regards
    Greg

August 10, 2014 at 6:55 AM #10616

Leo
    Participant

No, this is not possible but… you can link to a special photo form…which has 10 or more photo fields, this way you can keep you’re base form clean and tiny. This is how I do it (with each photo field commented with a text field)

Leo

August 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM #10618

Lateral
    Participant

Thanks Leo.

That’s a good workaround.

Regards
    Greg

August 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM #10620

Brendan
    Keymaster

Alternatively, Photos can also be attached to a File Attachment field.

August 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM #10621

Lateral
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes but the issue is that you need to do a lot of “work” and mucking around to get to be able to attach them.

Ideally, I just want to either take a photo using the camera or pick from the camera role on my phone.

Regards
    Greg

August 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM #10661

Ken Gillett
    Participant

Creating a child table with e.g. 10 photo fields is likely to be wasteful if they remain empty and certainly limiting. If you need more than 10 photos, you’d be stymied.

The proper way would be to create a ‘child’ table that contains just one photo field. Then you can add as many of these linked child records to a ‘parent’ record as you need. The main ‘parent’ table is thus devoid of any photo fields and there’d be just one ‘child’ record for each photo that was needed.

A one to many relationship would probably suffice, but if say you wanted some photos to be shared by more than one ‘parent’ record, set it as a many to many
    relationship.

Not tried any of this in Tap Forms, but I see no reason why you couldn’t do it.

August 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM #10667

Lateral
    Participant

Thanks for the info Ken.

Regards
    Greg

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.