Adding days to a date

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Jack Ligon
    Participant

How do I add two weeks to the date in another field?

August 29, 2014 at 2:25 PM #10712

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

You can’t do this at the moment. All calculations with dates will return a numeric result that represents the number of seconds since January 1, 1970 for the specified date and calculation. In a future update I will have the ability to let you return an absolute date value from the result of a calculation.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 2, 2014 at 8:49 AM #10723

Lin Ai
    Participant

I just wanted to say that I am glad to hear this is planned; I was about to ask the same question. May I also request that these calculated dates can have alarms attached to them? For example, if I assign someone a task on a date (field 1), I would like a two-week deadline date calculated into field 2, and finally I would like to get an alert on that deadline date.

September 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM #10743

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lin,

That’s a good idea. I have added support for this to the next update, but I still need to finish it up. It will be a Calculation field with a return type of Date however, so it won’t have all the features of a real date & time field such as the Alerts feature. At least not initially. But thanks for the feature suggestion.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.