Added Files missing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

ct4
    Participant

Since I updated to Version 3.5 Build 658, all my added files that I use for reference have disappeared. I had a form where I added a file so I could reference it – the files are still in the same place on my computer, so it should be able to see them. However the reference to these files seems to have disappeared. When I now add one it stays on the form, but any file added before the update has gone. Any ideas?

Thanks

May 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM #13691

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi ct4,

This issue was caused by iCloud being turned off initially. You just need to go to the Preferences window, then click on Sync, then click on iCloud. Then go to the Cloud Sync popover on the main window and make sure sync is enabled there. Your files should show again.

Sorry for the trouble.

Brendan

May 12, 2015 at 6:22 PM #13692

ct4
    Participant

Ahh – Many thanks, problem solved. Also thanks for incredibly prompt reply – very impressive.

Regards

CT4

May 15, 2015 at 6:44 AM #13706

Leo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

The same here, changed form iCloud to Dropbox syncing and lost almost every document. Some still exist but the most of them are gone….

Do I need to go back to iCloud?
    PS. using latest beta

Leo

May 15, 2015 at 7:32 AM #13707

Leo
    Participant

Oke,

copied all data (attachments) from a backup to the com.tapforms…. data (attachments) and all seems to be ok now. pffffiew

thanks,

Leo

May 15, 2015 at 9:28 AM #13711

Brendan
    Keymaster

Leo,

Tap Forms copies files from your iCloud folder to the local com.tapforms.mac folder. It doesn’t move them, it just copies them. So there shouldn’t be any loss. I’m not sure what happened in your case. Perhaps it failed to copy some for some reason. I would have to examine your log files at the time the switch over was made.

May 15, 2015 at 12:42 PM #13715

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,
    really don’t know. But somehow about 50% of the files didn’t copy.
    This was about over a timespan of 4 hours. So I copied them myself. it took 15 minutes to sync all files over.

And yes, dropbox is faster in starting the sync…about 6 seconds

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.