Add to Calendar has stopped adding to Calendar

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Add to Calendar has stopped adding to Calendar

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

David Gordon
    Participant

On my Mac (TapForms 5.3.8) I use Date, then Add to Calendar all the time, every time. And it works well. Worked well.

Today the item I’m adding to my calendar isn’t appearing in Calendar. There are two reasons this could be all my own fault.

1) I’ve moved my appointments from iCloud to a different CalDAV server. That calendar does appear in the ‘Add to Calendar’ selection and works perfectly in other respects.

2) I’ve moved away from Apple’s Calendar app and am using BusyCal. Ditto, that works as expected in all other ways.

So TapForms doesn’t work with CalDAV calendars other than iCloud. Or TapForms doesn’t work with calendar apps other that Apple’s Calendar. Or something completely different?

[Update] OK, I now see the appointment appearing in Calendar app under my iCloud account. In TF it appears I’m adding it to my CalDAV account. If I can, how do I get TF to send appointments to the correct account, CalDAV not iCloud?

Thanks!

October 31, 2019 at 8:32 AM #37609

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I think you should be able to go into System Preferences -> Internet Accounts and then in the list of accounts to add go to the bottom, click “add Other account” and then enter the details of your CalDAV account. That will hook up your CalDAV account with the Mac, it should show up in Apple Calendars and though I haven’t tested it, it should work from Tap Forms. You might want to rename the iCloud calendars to have a suffix or prefix (e.g. ‘XOLD Calendar Name’) so that you don’t confuse where things are being written.

October 31, 2019 at 9:52 AM #37614

David Gordon
    Participant

[as an aside, hate the login process here. multiple failures to recognise whatever Google needs me to help with its AI learning. now I can’t login for 30 minutes, and yet here I am…]

Thanks Sam, I think that’t pretty much what I had done. But you did give me an idea to disable my iCloud calendar in System Preferences. That seems to have done the trick. I didn’t try to rename my iCloud calendar account, perhaps that would work too, it causes TF confusion as to which account to write to.

So thanks, seems to be working again.

October 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM #37616

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sorry for the Captcha thingy. It is annoying, but it helps to cut down on bot spam. The spam that does get through I believe are from hired guns, mostly out of India, Russia, and China from what I’ve been able to determine.

I’m glad you were able to resolve your calendar issue. I don’t distinguish between different kinds of Calendar accounts in Tap Forms. I just ask the system for a list of calendars and then send the event to whatever the selected one is.

November 1, 2019 at 7:23 AM #37645

David Gordon
    Participant

Thanks Brendan I got in second attempt today! ;)

I think having two calendars with the same name confused TF. Anyway, resolved, thanks for your help with everything. Sorry for moaning about captcha.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.