"Add to calendar" and alerts – app freezes, etc.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms "Add to calendar" and alerts – app freezes, etc.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Rick Marolt
    Participant

Hi,

(Brendan: I continue to be impressed and pleased with Tap Forms. In general, it exceeds my expectations. I’m very happy that its development has progressed so far and that it has become an excellent and enjoyable successor to Bento.)

When I edit a date/time field, wanting to create an alert, the field label “Alert” is dimmed, though I can still check the box. Is the dimming meaningful or a mistake?

The listing of alerts within Tap Forms under “Favorites & Alerts” works differently from how I expected it to and how I would like it to in several ways …

The record counter next to the listing of alerts under “Favorites & Alerts” remains at 0 even when an alert is displayed.

An alert is listed until the scheduled time, then the listing disappears.

Most important, Tap Forms does not actually issue an alert.

So an alert is set; there is no visual cue that an alert exists; the alert remains in a list until an alert should be triggered; but an alert is not triggered; and then the evidence that an alert had been set disappears.

It would be more helpful if an alert were actually issued at the scheduled time and/or if the alert record would remain so I would know which alerts I have not acted on yet.

When I click on the “Add to Calendar” button, an event is added to my calendar, but Tap Forms usually, but not always becomes non-responsive with a spinning beachball.

In my calendar, the event appears with the contents of the first field in my form. I need that field to be first for the most useful display of data in a table format. But it is not useful in an alert. So it would be nice if I could choose a different field to display in the calendar or if the contents of the “Notes” field were displayed.

If I have misunderstood something or if there is a better way to manage alerts, please let me know.

Thanks!

Rick

May 29, 2015 at 10:21 AM #13891

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

Do you have Notifications turned on for Tap Forms? That may be preventing the notification from firing.

I’ll investigate the Alert count. It should go up when you enable the Alert on a Date & Time field.

The greyed out Alert label is just a mistake. I’ll fix that.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM #13893

Rick Marolt
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I had notifications turned off for Tap Forms. The function works fine now that notifications is turned back on. Nice.

Rick

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.