Add search to iphone manual?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steve Morris
    Participant

This is low priority for me now but might help other people. Long ago I looked for search in the manual which basically said nothing except a marketing blurb (search exists and is great.) Since no functionality was described in the manual and all I saw was a single text field I assumed there was nothing real beyond the generic search-all-text-fields. That is so far from what I need that frankly I never even tried it. Instead I put the file on DropBox and did my own search. That worked but was tedious and slow. Finally I wondered if I was missing something and looked at the Macintosh manual. That functionality is close to the iPhone except for the described icons (no gear) but that was good enough to get me to the real search functionality which is great and now I have a bunch of saved searches I use all the time. If there was something about it in the manual I would have been using it since I started using Tap Forms. It doesn’t need much. Just a single sentence, a statement that customized field based searches were possible would have made me explore the interface or failing that search the site and forum. Even if it is just a marketing blurb it might as well advertise the whole capability of search.

July 13, 2016 at 9:38 PM #17703

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m working on a big upgrade which changes the interface a bit in that area so finding the searches will be much easier in the new version.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.