A spreadsheet type layout

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

David Gordon
    Participant

Can I create a Layout which looks like a spreadsheet? So, yes, I kind of want a layout which looks like the Multi-Column view. But I think a new layout will be better in that I won’t have to switch between views so much.

I’m not making sense! TL;DR is it possible?!

December 13, 2021 at 4:01 PM #46014

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

There’s no custom layout which is specifically a spreadsheet view other than the Multi-Column List View.

So you want to see a list of records in a spreadsheet format, but not on the multi-column list view at the top like it is now?

I guess I’m not really knowing how a spreadsheet view on a custom layout would make things better. You can of course drag Table views and Link to Form views which use the same component as the Multi-Column List View onto a custom layout.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 13, 2021 at 5:51 PM #46016

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If what you’re after is changing the number of fields or ordering of fields, I think with the MCLV and saved searches you can change the fields that are displayed. You’d need to create a new saved search that essentially returns everything but then you can use the wrench/screwdriver icon to change the ordering of fields and control which fields are displayed in the view.

Also with the multicolumn list view, you get the spreadsheet view on top and the layouts on the bottom, just click the “show or hide detail view” toggle on the bottom right below the spreadsheet view to show a layout (or custom layout for that matter) for the record you’ve got selected. This obviously doesn’t work if you’re wanting the features of the other views (calendar, maps, photo grid or charts).

Hopefully this helps you get to what you want to achieve.

December 16, 2021 at 1:35 AM #46058

David Gordon
    Participant

“I guess I’m not really knowing how a spreadsheet view on a custom layout would make things better.”

Yes, I’d like to view a list of records spreadsheet style and yes, the multi-column list view does that. And I can customise that view to show only the fields I want and their order. But I’d like a couple of views/layouts. I’d like to see a list of records where (lets just say) Field A is shown but another view where its hidden. Its a workflow tool, I need some information sometimes, other other times. And the way my head works I’d like to see a list of that information so I can prioritise the work just by looking at a list.

So unless I’m wrong I’d need to edit the fields visible and reorder them in multi-column list view each time I wanted to see a different set of data?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by David Gordon.
    December 16, 2021 at 12:19 PM #46065

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

No. A Sam mentioned, you can use Saved Searches to have different customizations of the Multi-Column List View. You can just create a blank Saved Search for the sole purpose of changing the fields configuration for that entry. A blank Saved Search will just fetch all records. Oh, and by blank I don’t mean the Saved Search name. I mean the search has no rules assigned to it.

Hope that makes sense.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Brendan.
Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.